I don’t know what it’s like for the rest of the world, but for me Monday is always creeping. It creeps up on me, it creeps by, then it creepily haunts me the rest of the week. Monday is not my favorite day of the week. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike it-I actually really want to love it (on account of its being so misunderstood)- but it makes itself so hard to love, and I’m not really all that good at loving things that don’t want to be loved. All of that said, I think to counter the mundaneness of today, what we need is a little extra lovely.
Ways to make your day lovely.
1. drink coffee. (extra lovely option: adding raspberry syrup)
2. listen to “Oh Lovely” by Lakes (extra lovely option: put it on repeat ’cause IT’S SO GOOD!)
3. embrace a few people (extra lovely option: embrace their quirks while you’re at it)
4. have a birthday (extra lovely option: have an unbirthday-they’re always fun)
5. wear your favorite shirt [i did this today] (extra lovely option: wear a cape)
Or if your Monday is super ridiculous, you should just make a fort, get a sweet treat, and watch Peter Pan. …Did I just reveal my “best day ever” scenario? maybe.